A 4th-Generation Family Heritage
“We believe everyone can and does make mistakes. It’s the way you handle them that makes the difference. To stay in business for years and have repeat business, we must provide our customers with a quality product at a competitive rate. We try to treat people the way we would want to be treated.” - Kafer Tiling & Excavating
Kafer Tiling begins...
Growth & Expansion
- 1990 – A Port Industries Hydratandem II wheel trencher is purchased and used for many years to install mostly clay tiles
- 2002 - A member of the fourth generation, Kafer’s son Chris, starts full-time work in the family business
- 2006 - The business starts offering excavation services
- 2009 - Becomes incorporated and changes the business name to Kafer Tiling & Excavating
- 2011 - Josh, Chris, & Ben all become part owners. A Hydramaxx 2500 chain trencher is purchased for easier backfilling. As more customers want system drainage on their farmers, Kafer adds a Hydramaxx 3500 plow in order to be able to offer the installation of plastic tubing
- TODAY - Kafer Tiling & Excavating continues to use current technology and dedicated employees to carry on the family heritage of hard work, integrity, and a look toward the future.